2021 Home Tour: Hey friends, we finally finished our home renovation! And, we put the house up for sale and have now sold it!
Here’s a room-by-room home tour showing you the before and after transformation of this 1994 house.
Including all of the many projects we completed throughout the renovation to give it a modern makeover!
Read on for the before-and-after photos and video walkthrough.
2021 Home Tour: Before And After Interior Renovation
When we bought this 5-bedroom 3-bathroom house a few years back, it was in major need of a makeover.
I’m talking dark pea-green walls, dark orange floors, red and green tiles, cheap 90s kitchen, brown carpets upstairs and pink shag carpets downstairs…
It was hideous!
…Hideously perfect and full of potential for a renovation.
So of course, my wife and I fell in love with it, scooped it up and got to work right away.
Let’s take you on a tour through the transformation!
This is what the living room looked like before the renovation:
And this is what the living room looked like after the renovation.
photo by Jacob @PlatinumHDStudios
photo by Jacob @PlatinumHDStudios
- 🎈【Small Gold Table Lamp Set of 2】 Lamp dimension - 13.8 * 7.1 * 4.7 inches, it’s a small bedside lamp with compact and generous design, that is ideal to fit any size table, desk, occupy small spaces. It’s perfect in living room, bedroom, girls room, den, college dorm, family, etc. (Please be clear about the size when you browse)
- 🎈【Simple & Minimalist Design】The gold table lamp looks modern but also retro with gold chrome metal basket cage style base and fabric lamp shade, never out of fashion. Its modern black chrome metal basket cage style and warm comfortable light creates the romantic and elegant atmosphere, which is unique decoration wherever you put it in.
- 🎈【High-Quality】 The bedside desk lamp is constructed of high-quality metal frame base and white fabric shade that provide a modern stylish feeling, which is also enduring, durable and aesthetic.
- 🎈【Safety & Easy To Use】 The cord and plug of the small lamp are UL listed which is no any security risks. An ON/OFF button on the power cord is convenient to use. It’s a lighter weight lamp, easy to move to any place where you have lighting needs. Easy to assemble. Very nice minimalist light for the right price!
- 🎈【For your dedicated service】 HAITRAL provide 100% satisfactory service：30-day return.Confidence comes from high quality and our constant pursuit of perfection. We believe that you will like our HAITRAL table lamps, but if for some reason you are not satisfied, please let us know, we will help you solve it within 24 hours and make you satisfied. Please add to cart now
- SUPER SOFT MATERIAL & SIZE: Made of Soft Particles Velvet, comfortable to touch and lay on. 18 X 18 Inch per pack, included 2 packs per set, NO PILLOW INSERTS.
- WORKMANSHIP: Delicate hidden zipper closure was designed to meet an elegant look. Tight zigzag over-lock stitches to avoid fraying and ripping.
- NO PECULIAR SMELL: Because of using environmental and high quality velevet fabric,our throw pillow cases are the perfect choice for those suffering from asthma, allergen, and other respiratory issues.
- FADE RESISTANT & STAIN RESISTANT: The luxury velvet fiber throw pillowcases are fade resistant and stain resistant, so our covers are machine washable and always look like new.
- MIX AND MATCH: Our cushion covers is available for different colors so you can match whichever color tone you like will go best with your decors in Living room, Bedroom, Office and Car.
- STURDY & STYLISH DESIGN: Sleek round circular ottoman seat is wrapped in sumptuous velvet with cushioned upholstery for the ultimate comfort. Stury base features with 4 metal legs in powder coated gold finish. Really soft and comfortable seat is for your choice.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: Elegant design is perfect for makeup areas and home decor. The small round ottoman stool can serve as a foot stool, tray on top as an end table, a side table, a makeup vanity stool, a comfortable seat in front of the vanity or an extra seat for guests. You can place trays, books, snacks, etc. Ideal for vanity dresser, living room, entryway, office or dorm.
- SPACE SAVING WITH STORAGE FUNCTION: Overall size is 39 (D) x 45.5(H)cm. The compact design is perfect for small Spaces and has storage function! Modern style suit for any home, ideal decoration for living room, bedroom, office, fashion closet, study, apartment.
- EXTRA ANTI-SLIP PAD: Comfortable-High Density foam padding brings superior seating; soft corners protect your family from hurt, Anti-slip and scratch this footstool with rubbr pads to protect your floor from scratches, easy to move.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE: It is easy to assemble according to the steps in the manual, Just assemble the 4 legs of the stool. If you have any questions, please contact us in time.
Obviously, a big bucket of white paint was involved.
I also swapped out the 90s tiles for some matte black hexagon ones.
And, I spent weeks (!!) sanding and refinishing the dark orange hardwood floors, to bring out the light, beachy color. But it was worth it.
Side by side before and after shots:
I put in a new door with a modern, 4 foot vertical handle, changed the tiles to a natural slate, and installed a white oak bench to bring some of the right kind of warmth to the space.
- BEAUTIFULLY HANDCRAFTED - Our beautiful gold mirror for wall hanging is handcrafted with care and attention to detail and design. We use high quality metals and mirror materials to guarantee the sturdiness and consistent aesthetic beauty of the design. Our mirrors are silver-backed, presenting a beautiful reflection every time. The gold finish really stands out, making any wall look incredible!
- PERFECT SIZE - This 24 inch mirror is the ideal size for a bathroom or an entryway. The classy thin gold circle mirror frame accents and room perfectly and matches any decor. Use as a gold bathroom mirror, gold vanity mirror, or entry mirror. Add light and and enhance the beauty of any room in your home instantly!
- ENHANCE YOUR HOME - We use the highest quality mirror materials on the market. We use thicker glass and real silver backing (not cheap substitutes) to ensure you are getting a great mirror for your home. We chose metal as the frame material for its timeless and adaptable look. The frame was handmade with care and attention, adding a genuine and warm feel to beautify your home.
- SMART DESIGN - The keyhole back hanger hanging hardware was chosen to ensure safe hanging. We have included 3 options of anchors to choose from to best fit your wall. Please ensure to hang properly for safety.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - At HBCY Creations we pride ourselves with a 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. We are confident in our products and stand behind them 100%. Just reach to us with any questions or concerns and we will be happy to help within 24 hours!
Interior Entryway & Stairs
On the other side of the front door, we have the front hall and stairs. Again, it was pea-green, depressing and oh so dark!
Nothing a little white paint can’t fix. Add in some glass and white oak details and voila!
photo by Jacob @PlatinumHDStudios
I had some fun updating the stairs.
Ripping out the brown carpet, and replacing the old handrail and railing with a custom white oak handrail and a new glass railing made a huge difference.
after photo by Camilla @Fridayevephoto
Check out the videos below for the full stairs tutorial.
The kitchen renovation was a massive undertaking!
This is what the kitchen looked like when we moved in:
And here’s what it looks like now:
This was a complete gut-job, as you can see everything was taken out. We removed the wall in the living room as well.
View this post on Instagram
Chelsea saw this crazy tile pattern in a magazine and she somehow convinced me to take on the ambitious idea of tiling not just the backsplash, but the entire back wall of the kitchen.
I was not joking in the home tour video above when I said I was seeing this pattern in my dreams for weeks.
But it turned out epic, and it really gives the kitchen a one-of-a-kind luxury look.
Master Bedroom & Ensuite Bathroom
This is what the master bedroom and ensuite looked like when we bought the place:
As you can see, the bedroom had dingy grey carpets (perhaps they were once white?) and like the rest of the house, outdated doors and wall trim.
And here’s what it looks like now!
- This soft and durable shag is this perfect cozy rug for your bedroom, living room and any other medium traffic areas of your home
- Designed with resilience against everyday wear-and-tear, this rug is kid and pet friendly and perfect for high traffic areas of your home such as living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallways
- Welcome home a touch of cozy comfort when you place a casual rug in your space. Moroccan patterns make these the perfect finishing touch for spaces that need a covering that’s not too loud
- Easy to clean and maintain, we recommend vacuuming regularly and spot treating for any mild stains with carpet cleaner. Dry cleaning recommended for major stains
- Rug includes tassels
The master ensuite before and after the renovation:
In addition to the master suite, this house has 4 other bedrooms. Two upstairs, and then a two-bedroom suite downstairs.
This is what the two upstairs bedrooms looked like before and after the renovation.
Kids room #1 before:
Kids room #1 after:
Kids room #2 before:
Kids room #2 after:
photo by Jacob @PlatinumHDStudios
Chelsea styled the second kid’s room to function as her office.
- This plush, ultra-comfortable Club chair is the perfect addition to any room in the house. Expertly upholstered from the highest Quality materials, this is sure to become a bestseller. Friends and family will thank you.
This is what the guest bathroom looked like before and after the renovation:
And the transformation…much better.
The Laundry Room
Like the rest of the house, the laundry room’s walls were a very dark, unattractive shade.
The room also didn’t function very well for its intended use, as you can see in the ‘before’ photo below:
Some fresh new tiles and white paint brightened up the space.
I created a custom white oak shelf and matching bench, to tie everything together.
Finally, the finished laundry room:
The Downstairs Media Room
The media/family room downstairs was just another dark, outdated room when we moved in. Here’s a before and after:
I wanted to do something custom even for this room, so I put up some wood slats on part of the ceiling.
This is what the exterior of the home looked like before and after the renovation:
And here’s what it looks like now after some major curb appeal rehab:
Before and after side by side:
Now that this house has sold, we are packing up and getting ready to move into the new one.
Get ready for our next projects, coming soon!