The best hard hat light is an important thing to have when you’re wearing a hard hat, as it serves its purpose by giving light without the use of your hands. (Unlike a torch which requires the use of your hands.)
A hard hat headlamp, also known as a hard hat light is great for work or even recreational sports activities where you might find yourself in the dark.
By wearing a good hard hat light you can vastly increase your performance and efficiency. But to do this it is crucial that you choose the best hard hat light for your specific needs. This guide will help you make the right purchase.
Best Hard Hat Light Reviews – Our 5 Favorite Models
A good hard hat light should be able to tilt the lights to different angles and adjust to various different powers efficiently and easily. Another thing that you should look out for is battery life.
Often you will be in situations where you are relying on hard hat lights as your primary light source, so it’s important that the battery does not fail.
Make sure to choose a headlight that is impact-resistant so that it is durable and doesn’t get easily damaged. You should also choose one that has the feature where you can adjust the head cap so that it’s comfortable to use.
And don’t forget that it must also be lightweight as working for long hours with an extra weight attached to your head is a bad idea.
Below we’re taking a look at 3 of the best hard hat light models around.
We have picked these models after conducting extensive research so that you don’t have to. The products we list here tick all the boxes in terms of what we think a hard hat light needs to be considered quality.
#1 Klein Tools 56034 LED Hard Hat Light
- Headlamp automatically turns off after 3 minutes in bright light via auto-sensing technology, extending battery life (feature can be disabled by holding the power button for 10 seconds)
- Light can be easily removed from bracket for recharging
- Battery gauge indicates level of battery life with colored LED lights
- Slim profile with pivoting mount to allow up to a 64 degree lighting angle
- Smartly designed headlamp bracket also attaches directly to Klein Hard Hats (skus equipped with bracket system)
This Klein hard hat light comes with plenty of great features that make it worth the higher price tag. It will easily and automatically shut off after three minutes of use to save battery life, it does this with unique auto-sensing technology.
This hard hat light comes with a strap bracket which makes it easy to take the light off from the belt. This is a versatile light, and can be easily rotated 64 degrees.
To recharge this light simply use the micro USB port, it has a clear battery level indicator so you will know when it is in need of being charged. Overall, despite its high price, this is one of the best hard hat lights out there.
#2 DEWALT DWHT81424 Hard Hat Light
- Motion sensor of the portable work light turns the headlamp on and off to save time
- The rechargeable work light has double the lumen output with the same run time versus the previous generation (DWHT70440)
- Anti-slip strap secures to hard hat
- IP54 rated for dust and water resistance
- Survives our repeated 6.6 ft. drop test for extreme durability
The Jobsite touch headlamp from Dewalt is perfect for both outdoor activities and as the name implies Job site activities or in the workshop. It produces light that can reach more than 100 feet, so it can easily go the distance of the whole workshop.
The job site touch light also has a built-in tilting functionality which enables you to aim wherever you prefer so you can see your work properly. Like the other hard hat lights on this list, this has an easily foldable frame for safe storage.
The frame, as well as being foldable is also impact resistant, ensuring durability and a long lasting lifespan.
Furthermore, the light is actually water-resistant, so it can stand up to tough outdoor and wet conditions. This headlight comes with four different light modes which make this a very versatile piece of gear.
#3 Ledlenser, MH11 Lightweight Rechargeable Hard Hat Light
- 1000 LUMENS STRONG: A powerful, high-performance headlamp built for extremes; Programmable via Blue Tooth connected App, Smart Light Technology features numerous modes.
- BRIGHTER. BETTER: Ledlenser's Advanced Focus System gives you the brightest, most even light possible.
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTION: Personalize your own settings, set timers and intervals.
- OPTISENSE TECHNOLOGY: Optisense mode automatically adjusts the light output to your surroundings. The MH11 will automatically dim when less light is needed and increase in intensity in pitch black darkness.
- 7-YEAR GUARANTEE: We take pride in the craftsmanship of our products - if your purchase has a defect in material or workmanship we'll repair or replace it, at our discretion, with one of equal or greater value.
This is a very strong hard hat light, and although it is one of the more expensive options on our list, it is worth every single penny. It has features that the other lights on this list don’t such as an extra-long battery life of 10 hours.
It comes with three different built-in light options. The headband on this headlamp is removable, so if it becomes dirty it can be easily be taken off and washed. Another great thing to consider about this product is the fact that it is durable and waterproof.
This means that you can wear it in harsh conditions without worrying that it will die. You can easily adjust the brightness on this model by twisting the head.
#4 LE LED Headlamp
- 4 Lighting Modes: 3 levels of white light brightness (2 leds, 10 leds and 18 leds) and a red flashing mode are available.
- Adjustable & Lightweight: This headlamp is 90° tiltable for oriented lighting, weighs only 3.2oz for easy carrying.
- IP44 Water Resistant: Prevents splashing water in all directions, but cannot be partially or fully submerged.
- Batteries Included: Each powered by 3 AAA batteries, the discarge time of flashlight can reach up to 10 hours in the mode of red light.
- Wide Applications: Perfect for outdoor scenarios such as running, jogging, camping, fishing, bicycling, reading etc.
The LE hard hat light is battery-powered and provides a good level of brightness for both recreational activities like running and for working in a workshop. In the brightest setting, the light covers a very large area (more than 20 feet) so it can cover your whole workshop easily.
This hard hat light has 3 different adjustable levels of brightness, using 2 LEDs, 10, or 18 at full power. It also has a red flashing light too, all of these settings are adjustable so you can illuminate the right area to the preference of whoever is using the light.
This headlight is fully adjustable and very ergonomic. It has knobs that adjust the size making it fit perfectly for any size. It weighs about 2.8 ounces so it’s not too heavy and can therefore be used for long periods of time.
This product has an impact-resistant frame which makes it very strong and durable, durable enough to be used in a construction environment or in your workshop.
#5 Foxelli USB Rechargeable Headlamp
- USB RECHARGEABLE: Charge Fully from any USB Port in Only 4 Hours and Provide up to 40 Hours of Constant Light on a Single Charge. Micro USB Charging Cable included.
- EXTRA BRIGHTNESS: 180 Lumen Led (300 Feet Beam) With WHITE & RED Lights + Wide Variety of Light Modes and 45 Degree Tiltable Body Makes this Headlight Brightest and Most Versatile in its Class.
- WATERPROOF & DURABLE: Why Equip Yourself with Anything but the Best and Most Reliable Headlamp? This Headlamp is Built to Last. Will Withstand Heavy Rain, Cold, Heat, Dropping on the Ground. It is Rated IPX5, Which Means it is Protected Against Splashing or Spraying Water From any Angle.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMFORTABLE: You won't Even Notice Wearing it. Weighing Only 2.4 OUNCES With Easily Adjustable, Ergonomically Designed Elastic Headband Makes this Light Perfect for Long Distance Runners or Anyone Else Looking For a Comfortable Fit.
- BUY RISK-FREE: We are So Confident that You Will Love Our Headlamp that We Offer a 120-Day No Questions Asked - Money Back Guarantee with One Year Warranty! If You Don't Like it - FOR WHATEVER REASON - We'll Give Your Money Back. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE and CLICK the "ADD TO CART" button NOW.
Foxelli is a reputable brand known for making great headlamps, and this hard hat light is no exception. This Foxelli headlamp is USB chargeable for maximum convenience. It is also built to be high quality and durable so this should be a very long-lasting piece of equipment.
It has a charging time of 2 hours and can produce more than 100 hours of light, so as far as hard hat lights go this one does last a long time. It has a built-in battery indicator that shows the percentage to which the battery is charged so you can know how much light you have left before use.
The lights produce a strong beam of 400-foot distance which makes this perfect for outdoors or in the workshop. The Foxelli headlamp frame is foldable so you can easily store it without it getting damaged.
Furthermore, the frame as mentioned before is impact resistant which makes this perfect for people who are rough with their gear.
Hard Hat Lights – Frequently Asked Questions
Do you still have some things you’re unsure about in regards to choosing the best hard hat light? Then read on, because below we’ve taken the time to answer some of the most common questions about hard hat lights.
Q: What is the best brand of hard hat light?
There are several companies that are known to produce great quality lights, specifically those that are designed to be worn on top of your hard hat. The brand we recommend the most is Klein, as it has the most professional design and features. Some other brands that are known to produce great products are DEWALT, MilWaukee, and LED lenser.
Q: Are Hard Hat Lights waterproof?
In most cases they are. Although, some cheaper models are only water-resistant which means they could withstand rain, but not being dropped in water. Make sure you check this feature if you plan on using it in wet conditions often.
Q: How long does the battery take to become fully charged?
Usually, a good hard hat light with rechargeable batteries takes anywhere from 1 to 10 hours to charge.
Final thoughts on choosing the best hard hat light in 2021
In conclusion, the LE LED Hard Hat Light is the best in our opinion, that’s because it ticks all the boxes that are required to make a hard hat light good and efficient.
A good hard hat light needs to be adjustable to fit various sizes, and the light needs to be reasonably lightweight so that it’s not adding a huge extra weight to your head which can be tiring.
It also needs to have a good battery so the light can last for hours on end.