Curious about what the best miter saw for your money is? Miter saws are one of the most popular types of saws available on the market today. They are versatile and useful tools for a wide range of projects.
They are favorite items of professionals, home renovators, carpenters, furniture makers, DIY enthusiasts, and craftspeople.
Are you in the market to buy this tool for your next project? Would you like to buy the best miter saw on the planet? Before purchasing any miter saw, users should consider several items and read carefully our best miter saw reviews.
This article is the one that you should study to find out which one suits you perfectly! Don’t forget to see our picks for the best miter saw blades, too!
Top 10 Best Miter Saw Reviews (for professionals and beginners)
Best Overall: Bosch GCM12SD Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw
- Patented axial-glide system for durable precision and compact workspace
- Expanded cutting capacity: 14-Inch horizontal capacity, 6-1/2-inch vertical capacity, 6-1/2-inch crown capacity (45-degree spring)
- Large easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked detents and roof pitch angles
- Patented Gravity Rise System - Rapid set up and breakdown
- 16-Feet Material Capacity - Highest capacity among fully portable units
Are you a professional looking for the best miter saw which guarantees you a precise and innovative cutting system, incredible ease of use, and above-average durability? Then this Bosch GCM12SD Sliding Miter Saw could be the best miter saw for you.
Maybe it is not a suitable tool for DIY lovers, because of its quite high cost. To offer greater cutting precision, this Bosch miter saw is equipped with a rather innovative guide arm, which allows you to obtain deep cuts.
We must also discuss the extreme ease of use of this tool, which is designed to facilitate any work effectively. With its high efficiency and quality performance, we made it our best choice in this review.
- Huge power and performance
- High price equates to quality
- Easy to use for professionals
- For professionals only
Best Maneuverability: Bosch CM10GD Compact Miter Saw
- ACCURACY: The Bosch-exclusive Axial-Glide System allows wider cross cuts and better alignment
- CONVENIENCE: Featuring large, upfront metal bevel controls and Square lock precision fences for precise, quick and easy adjustments. Complete with dust collection chute and vacuum adapter for easy cleanup.
- CONTROL: This miter saw provides accuracy and cutting control at all angles. Crown chop lock locks head in place for maximum chop cutting capacity for upright base moulding and nested crown. Depth Front-to-Back, Not Including Arm: 30 inch
- COMPACT: Featuring a compact design that replaces the sliding rail system, taking up to 10 In. less workspace than a slide miter saw. This Bosch miter saw is perfect for tight quarters where other saws just won’t do.
- COMFORT: Large, form-fitting ergonomic ambidextrous trigger handle with soft grip provides maximum comfort for all-day use while the clear lower guard allows for unobstructed visibility throughout the cutting job.
The Bosch CM10GD Miter Saw has some of the best features which make it maneuverable on the market so far. It is undoubtedly one of the most important factors when it comes to choosing miter saws.
The saw’s cutting depth is 7 cm and it also has a cutting width of 28.2cm. It allows you to manage the cutting of rather large pieces of wood for structural work.
The sliding action allows the saw to easily cut between large wooden boards. It has a good range of settings, which allow the miter saw to cut at 47 degrees left and 53 degrees right which gives the user the ability to cut some tight and precise joints.
- Powerful performance and safe for workers on the site
- Easy to use and transfer
- Great maneuverability
- Precise cutting ability
- Slightly high cost for DIY users
Most Powerful: Metabo HPT 10″ Compound Miter Saw
- 10" Compound Miter Saw with Laser
- INCLUDES: C10FCH2S Miter Saw, 10" 24T TCT Saw Blade, Pivoting Flip Fence, Dust Bag, Vise Assembly (322952), 10mm Box Wrench (940543), 4mm Hex Bar Wrench, Material Support Extension
- MOTOR: 15 Amp motor, powerful for the toughest cutting jobs
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi power tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- MITER ANGLE RANGE: 0-52 Degree miter angle range to the right and left for increased flexibility
Metabo HPT Miter Saw offers the most powerful motor in this list. It features a 10-amp motor, which is ideal for any type of work, even the longest and most complicated type.
The dust bag feature also allows you to extract dust immediately, guaranteeing a cleaner working environment and greater visibility. Finally, we also report the presence of a frictionless traction mechanism, which allows you to never lose engine power during cutting.
The settings lock easily with a quick lock to lock any potential movement in the material for absolute precision. The laser marker system is used to help align the cuts, reducing the margin of error.
- One of the most powerful motors for the toughest jobs
- Full of various accessories
- Lightweight and compact
- High-technology laser applied
- Smaller than other premium products
Best Protection: Metabo HPT C10FCG Compound Miter Saw
- Same tools. New name. Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT
- 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest cutting jobs
- 0-52 degree miter angle range to the right & left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts
- Large table for better material support with vice clamping system to secure work piece
The Metabo HPT C10FCG Miter Saw is compact, but it has not sacrificed the power of its engine, which guarantees 5,000rpm. The blade supplied with the tool is made of solid metal and has forty teeth.
Its assembly is simple and safe. There is also a protection template, which guarantees maximum product safety, even during the deepest cuts. It is also possible to tilt the saw to make oblique cuts, both right and left, for a maximum of 45 degrees.
The cutting result is always satisfactory and optimal. The simplicity of use of this tool allows you to make precise cuts, both straight and inclined, with extreme ease, making each job faster and more fun.
- Reliable product with amazing power
- Easy to use and safe for all users
- Great protection features
- Poor suction power
Most Precise Cutting: Einhell TE-MS 18/210 Miter Saw
- POWER X-CHANGE: The 18-Volt battery system offers the unique possibility to supply power to all Einhell-tools and garden equipment of the Power X-Change family with one battery type. 1 BATTERY. 1000 POSSIBILITES.
- POWER: 3, 000 RPM No load speed for smooth and steady cutting.
- CORDLESS: Compact, lightweight, and mobile design for easy transportation and precise cuts.
- ADJUSTABLE: Highly adjustable for angle and miter cuts.
- LASER: Cutting line laser and integrated LED for optimal illumination
Now, let’s take a look at the best miter saw of the famous brand Einhell, it is the model of TE-MS 18/210. This tool is distinguished by a very high general quality of the structure and by its ability to guarantee a precise cut of the material to be worked on.
The cutting precision, as mentioned above, is due to the presence of the laser, but also a solid and robust fixing system. If you have already used power-saws in the past, you will know very well that vertical cuts are not always easy to do.
For this reason, it is important to have a tool like this, whose head can be tilted up to a maximum of 45 degrees.
The blade that we find in the package together with the tool is made of solid metal and allows you to cut the chipboard up to 200mm.
- Solid and robust design
- Easy to assemble
- Semi-professional tool
- High efficiency with the most precise cutting ability
- Bag not perfectly positioned
Best Performance: Hitachi C10FCG Single Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- 0-52 degree miter angle range to the right & left for increased flexibility
- 0-45 degree bevel range to the left to provide clean and accurate bevel cuts.Thumb actuated positive stops for quick miter adjustments
- 24.2 lbs to facilitate maneuverability and easier transport.Dust collector attachment included to minimize airborne particle
- 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest cutting jobs.Large table for better material support with vice clamping system to secure work piece
- Miter ranges – left 52, right 52
Hitachi C10FCG Miter Saw is efficient in processing and cutting wood, laminated panels, and plastic materials. The cutting head can be tilted left and right for greater flexibility in miter cuts.
It is an integrated laser device with power from the network marking the cutting line. The turntable is equipped with precision angle adjustment for miter cuts, which can be manually adjusted.
The integrated radial drag function allows cutting particularly large panels. The insert on the top is equipped with a millimeter-scale to read the width of the piece. A collection bag keeps the workplace clean.
- High versatility to perform with all materials
- Efficient laser feature for powerful cutting
- Easy to operate
- Large capacity
- Bad protection features
Best for DIY Work: DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate of 12-inch miter saw blade comes with 14 positive stops
- The mitre saw features the precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence of DEWALT miter saw supports 5-1/2-inch base vertically
- Bevels 0 degree - 48degree to the left and 0 degree- 3degree to the right
- 2-inch x 8-inch dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90 degree and 2-inch x 6-inch dimensional lumber at 45 degree
Although this is not a professional wood cutting machine, this DEWALT Miter Saw is ideal for small hobby and DIY jobs. Despite characteristics “by hand”, it allows obtaining very precise and clean cuts.
If you are looking for maximum precision and accuracy, this is not the tool to buy, while for everyone else it is practically perfect. The cut of this DEWALT miter saw is clean and precise, even with thicknesses between 10 and 12cm.
It is a perfect tool for most DIY jobs. With it, the creation of frames, baseboards, or profiles is quick and precise. Thanks to its motor, it performs more than satisfactorily on wood, but also metal, plastic, and other types of semi-hard materials.
- High power
- Possibility of inclination
- Excellent performance and high product quality
- Versatile appliance
- The laser pointer is missing
Best for Novices: Makita LS1019L 10″ Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 10" slide miter saw with the Crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8" nested) of a 12" miter saw
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Innovative direct drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4")
- Unique 2-steel rail sliding system design offers single slide-glide operation; reducing saw's footprint and allowing operation flush against a wall
- Less weight (57.9 lbs.) and the most compact design in its Class for easy jobsite portability
Makita LS1019L Miter Saw is a tool with a robust structure and laser tracker for high cutting precision, equipped with a disk lock button. It mounts a 260 mm diameter blade and a LED light to illuminate the cutting area in low light conditions.
It offers a slow start and engine brake function. The power is an impressive 1430 watts, the no-load speed is 4300 rpm. The maximum inclination of the motor is 45 degrees both on the right and on the left.
There are no advanced features that we find in the best models, such as the laser guide, which is an extra accessory that isn’t absolutely essential anyway.
- Robust and comprehensive design
- High efficiency with extra functions
- Powerful motor
- No advanced or unique features offered
Most Compact: Delta 10″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Shadow guide cutting line projects a consistent and accurate cutting line on your work piece
- Product dimensions – 29.5” D x 22.5” W x 20” H | Weight – 55 lbs. | Voltage – 120V | Blade size – 10” Diameter | Arbor hole size – 5/8” | Speed – 4,000 RPM | Max cut thickness – 5.5” | Cord length – 7 ft.
- One-hand front miter Controls with push button miter detent override and front bevel release for quick movement | 15 amp motor for powerful cuts and blade brake for safety
- Molded handle and full size trigger is comfortable for right or left handed users 15 amp motor for powerful cuts and blade brake for safety shadow guide cut line for repeatable accuracy
- Dual bevel 45° left/45° right with front bevel release and 7 positive bevel stops at the most popular angles and easy to reach lever override to move between stops | 50° left miter/60° right miter capacity with 10 miter detents and positive stops
The Delta Compound Miter Saw is a compact, light but robust instrument, made of die-cast aluminum. It allows you to carry out demanding jobs efficiently. It can be carried with one hand with a protected blade.
It has a guiding function for large pieces and allows effective chip removal thanks to the integrated hopper. The cutting angles are adjusted quickly via the snap blocks. The depth template is ideal for making grooves easily.
The head can be tilted to the left, with the possibility of an additional angle for undercuts. The blade can be easily replaced by locking the spindle; disassembly of the suspended protection cover is not required.
- Lightweight and compact design
- Easy to carry and transfer within or outside construction sites
- Great instructions
- Highly efficient
- Replaceable blade
Best for All Materials: TACKLIFE Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- ➤DOUBLE BEVEL CUTTING & RED LASER GUIDE - Double bevel cutting design allows you to adjust the head to left 45°and right 45°to meet different cutting wood, plastic tubing and soft metal. Integrated laser controlled by single switch, marking the cutting line, helping sawing long work pieces.
- ➤3800 POWER MOTOR & EFFICIENT FOR OPERATION - With 15 AMP MOTOR and full-size performance at 3800 RPM, TACKLIFE sliding compound miter saw provides powerful, smoother, faster cutting. The equipment of soft-grip cutting handle and base angle change handle for added comfort. SLIDING DESIGN can extend cutting flexibility and add cutting width.
- ➤EFFICIENT DUST COLLECTION SYSTEM - Efficient dust bag can collect more than 70% of the dust produced. The 35 mm dust port allows you to connect a vacuum cleaner to achieve the ideal 100% dust collection, keeping the environment clean.
- ➤40 T BLADE & EXTENSIBLE TABLE - The 305mm 40-tooth TCT strong blade is ideal for cutting wood, plastic tubing and soft metal.Equipped with allen wrench, the blade can be easily changed.The wide worktable provides better material support during operation, and the pair clamping system ensures the safety of the workpiece, allowing for more secure cutting operations.
TACKLIFE Miter Saw guarantees a precise cut of both thin frames and thick boards. The integrated traction function increases the cutting capacity. It has a power of 1700 watts and mounts a blade of 216 mm in diameter.
The speed is 3,800 rpm and the cutting depth is 105 x 335 mm. Its features are completed by the traction/push function with modular side extensions, the laser beam that can be disconnected and adjusted from the left and right side of the blade.
This miter saw offers numerous advantages, including ease of assembly. Although it is a semi-professional tool, once taken out of the box, it is almost ready for use straight away.
- Ultimate performance even for the most challenging materials
- Great cutting capacity
- High-quality partial parts
- Suitable for both DIY and professional work
- Low cutting accuracy
Different Types of Miter Saws
The first thing you need to consider is the type of miter saw you need. There are three types of miter saws on the market: basic, compound, and sliding. Each of them has pros and cons, so it would be better to take a look at their characteristics.
Basic Miter Saw
Basic miter saws can be used for projects such as simple cuts, transverse cuts, and miter cuts. Their cutting capacity is limited to making basic cuts, as there is no beveling option.
This means that you will not be able to make a wide range of cuts, but we find that the basic miter saws tend to be very precise and that they are perfect for simple cutting operations. They are also usually very inexpensive, making them ideal for beginners and occasional carpenters.
Compound Miter Saw
A compound miter saw differs from a basic miter saw in that it can also be used for making inclined cuts, which is basically for certain types of projects. The compound miter saws can be adjusted to perform both oblique and conical cuts.
There are two types of compound miter saws: single bevel and dual bevel. The single bevel model will make cuts inclined in a single direction, so the piece to be machined must be moved to perform a bevel in the opposite direction.
Sliding Miter Saw
The most versatile type of miter saw that can be purchased on the market is a sliding miter saw. Of course, it is also the most expensive option and is probably only suitable for professionals.
This type of tool will have all the characteristics of a compound miter saw, but also, it has the addition of a sliding arm, which allows the miter saw to cut wider and thicker pieces.
This increased cutting capacity is what makes it truly versatile. Since it can be a not insignificant monetary investment, I would not recommend buying this type of miter saw unless you regularly work with very large pieces.
Features to Consider When Looking for the Best Miter Saw
Whatever type of wood saw you decide to buy, you will always have to keep in mind the possibility of having some basic features available. We see below, a list of the most common and useful features that you can have for your tool:
Laser Guidance System
Although it is not an indispensable feature, having a laser guide on the miter saw can be very useful. An effective laser can make the miter saw easier to use and can help you make more precise cuts.
Some laser guide systems, however, are not particularly effective, so it is necessary to check the system used by the miter saw. Read all the miter saw reviews you can find below and pay attention to what experts say about the laser guide system.
Do you want to be sure that the miter saw you have chosen has enough power to perform the cutting work that you require of it? Miter saws generally have a power of between 10 and 15 amps. It is not always necessary to have a truly powerful engine, but if you regularly use your miter saw, you will have to choose the most powerful one.
You will also have to take into account the maximum number of revolutions that the motor provides, as this will affect the smoothness of the cut, moreover, direct-drive motors tend to last longer and provide more power than belt motors.
Blade Power and Capacity
Most miter saws come with a standard blade which is good for the roughest cuts but is not suitable for woodworking projects, so if you need smooth finishes, be prepared to buy a higher quality blade.
In situations where you know you will have to change the blade often, for different jobs, you will want to take note of how easy it is to change the blade. On some models, the blade can be difficult to change and you may even end up having to ask someone for help.
Safety and Protection Features
A miter saw is a fairly dangerous tool to use and this is why it would be an excellent idea to look for one with adequate safety features for the use you plan to make of it. I recommend you look at the saws that have safety features such as electric brakes and various other protections.
Although most of the miter saws on the market have these basic features, you should always make sure to read the different reviews to see how effective they are, given that some are excellent while others … not so much.
How to Use a Miter Saw?
If it is the first time you use the miter saw, the first piece of advice is to read the user manual. Make sure you understand all the tool requirements before use as overloaded electrical circuits can damage the miter saw or cause a fire in the workshop or home.
Discover the different parts of the machine and the purpose of each of them. You should find an angle ladder and an angle indicator on the front, a blade guard, a power switch or trigger and a mechanism to lock the miter in place when not in use.
Other features, such as laser guides, inclination brackets, and clamps for fixing the piece vary from model to model. Unlock the tool so that the blade descends on the piece to be cut.
Before turning it on, raise and lower it several times to familiarize yourself with the movement. It will help you avoid accidents when cutting with the tool. Now position the piece on the workbench.
Start with a small piece of scrap material to practice. Make sure to fix it firmly. Cut several corners on the waste material and bring them together to see the precision of the cut.
Once you are confident, you can also start with the actual pieces. Experience the various functions of your miter saw. Once you are comfortable with your tool and its features, you should be able to start the project for which you have chosen the best miter saw.
Commonly Asked Questions About Shopping For The Best Miter Saw
Which brand makes the best miter saw?
For professional machinery, the brand has more relevance than for amateur or semi-professional ones.
Among the manufacturers of professional miter saws, we suggest Bosch Professional, Metabo, DEWALT, and Hitachi. In any case, we always recommend relying on serious companies that are also available for after-sales assistance.
Is the price important?
The price is usually a good indicator of the quality of the materials, and it is possible to find valid and quality tools at relatively low prices. It is because there are many variables involved in calculating the price of a product.
Moreover, as we have said, there is not a big difference between the saws on the market regarding the materials with which they are built.
For this reason, we recommend not to rely only on the price to judge the quality of a product but to take into account the elements we talked about in the previous paragraphs.
Are the materials important?
As with most power tools, the materials used to build the machinery are very important, as they must withstand the stresses generated by the intensity of the work. However, we have not found great differences between the models on the market.
All the cutting-off machines that we have found are made of resistant and high-quality metal, suitable for supporting the intense work for which these machines are designed.
Best Miter Saw For The Money – Conclusion
We hope you enjoyed the miter saw reviews that we have listed here. If it was useful, bookmark our site and share it with the people you know whenever they intend to buy something new like a miter saw.